He uses our hands and feet to accomplish his will on earth. In 1882, God used Mr. and Mrs. John Harris, Mr. and Mrs. T. W. Hay, Mr. W. H. Strand, and Mr. and Mrs. Rufe Harris, in an area where the oldest business had only been established for three years and the community was not even a town yet. Realizing the need for a Bible-believing fellowship in their area, this small band of Christians met at the Bryant Schoolhouse on August 12, 1882, and established the church upon their beliefs, as stated in the article of faith and church covenant formally adopted in 1904.
"We believe that the Holy Bible, written by men divinely inspired, and full of the unmixed truth, is a perfect rule of faith and practice."
"We believe in one God—Father, Son and Holy Ghost.”
“We believe that sinners are saved by grace alone.”
The church they established, originally known as Darien church, was renamed Snellville Baptist Church in 1883 and later First Baptist Church of Snellville in 1975. For more than 130 years, God has been using willing people at FBCS to reach people in our community, connecting them to Jesus Christ, and helping them find their place in His story.
Today, our vision is that FBCS would be a place that feels like home. Obviously, we can't dictate how each person who walks through our doors will feel 100% of the time, but we consistently hear from our guests and members that this is a place where they feel at home with people, and where they can grow in their relationship with God.
What God is doing in our lives and in the life of our church is reaching more than just Snellville. Also, God has opened doors for FBCS to connect people all over the world to Jesus Christ, through serving in and giving to global missions projects.
That's our story, for now. We can't wait to see what Jesus does next!
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.Matthew 6:33 (KJV)